Scaffolding accidents are devastating and can occur in many types of workplaces. Construction sites, window cleaning jobs and other industries are especially prone to these types of injuries. In many cases, scaffolding accidents are preventable with adequate safety precautions, training and good scaffolding equipment. If you were hurt in an incident of this nature, reach out to a Delaware scaffolding accident lawyer. At Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz, and Bhaya, our dedicated workers’ comp attorneys could work to determine who bears fault for your injuries and hold them accountable for the harm they casued.
Injuries Resulting From Scaffolding Accidents in Delaware
Unfortunately, each year construction workers, window washers, stage-rigging professionals and others are seriously injured and even killed in scaffolding accidents. Scaffolding helps workers access significant heights. Therefore, a fall from this height—whether a lack of proper safety gear or an incorrectly maintained platform causes it—can result in devastating injuries, including:
- Head trauma
- Joint, tendon and muscle injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Lacerations and scarring
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injury
Preventing Scaffolding Injuries in Delaware
Proper training, safety precautions and the right workplace policies can prevent many scaffolding injuries. If you work on scaffolding as part of your job, there are steps you can take to decrease your chances of these types of accidents:
- Get proper training, including safety training, for your job. If your employer doesn’t offer safety training, ask about it.
- Ensure that you have the correct safety equipment for the job. Depending on the job, the correct safety equipment may include hard hats, harnesses and other fall-prevention technologies.
- Check scaffolding and your safety equipment before each job. Each time you climb to a height, make sure everything looks sturdy and safe. You have the right to refuse to work in unsafe conditions, so never accept unsafe situations in the workplace.
- Report unsafe safety equipment or unsafe conditions in your workplace. Your employer is responsible for ensuring that your workplace is safe. If they violate federal and state safety rules, your employer may face fines or other punitive action.
An attorney in Delaware could explain more about safety measures to prevent these incidents during a consultation.
When to Contact a Lawyer Following a Scaffolding Injury
As soon as you suffer a serious scaffolding fall and sustain an injury, contacting a compassionate attorney is crucial. You’ll also want to contact a legal representative if you lost a loved one to a workplace accident or scaffolding fall accident. In both cases, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation as well as other benefits to help you pay for medical costs and other expenses.
There are many ways scaffolding accident lawyers can help you if you suffered an injury. They may be able to negotiate with insurance carriers, investigate why your fall happened, advise you on your rights and work with you to pursue compensation you may deserve. If you have been injured, your compensation may be essential for you to pay medical bills, living expenses and other costs. If you are out of work because of your injury, compensation can help you pay for groceries, rent and other expenses.
Reach Out to an Attorney in Delaware After a Scaffolding Accident
A Delaware scaffolding accident lawyer could help injured people with the honest and caring legal representation and support they deserve. If you are injured, contact us today to schedule a confidential consultation about your case.