Healthcare workers face some of the most dangerous work conditions in Delaware. Nurses, doctors, medical specialists and other employees in hospitals, clinics and healthcare facilities dedicate their lives to helping Delaware residents stay healthy and recover from serious illness. However, these professionals face dangers on the job every day. To learn more about healthcare workers’ compensation in Delaware, call our diligent attorneys at Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz, and Bhaya today.
What are Healthcare Employee Benefits?
Healthcare workers in Delaware may experience any of the following:
- Injuries due to aggressive or dangerous patients
- Strain injuries caused by lifting heavy patients
- Slip and fall accidents
- Injuries caused by falling objects
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals or diseases
Healthcare professionals work hard. When healthcare workers suffer an injury, and their own health and safety is affected, our attorneys believe these workers should have the compensation and support they need to recover fully.
How to Stay Safe in the Healthcare Field
Nurse injuries and injuries sustained by doctors, orderlies and other healthcare professionals are often substantial and significant. There are many ways you can help reduce the risk of these types of injuries:
- Always ask for help before attempting to lift a patient, especially if the patient is heavier.
- Wear sturdy shoes with good treads to prevent slip and fall accidents on slippery hospital and clinic floors.
- Wash hands often.
- Report or wipe up spills in corridors and rooms promptly.
- Report unsafe work conditions promptly and follow up to ensure your employer has addressed them.
- Seek out security immediately if a patient becomes aggressive or upset.
- Work in teams rather than alone, especially when interacting with patients in their rooms.
- Always read labels of the materials you’re handling.
- Use proper disposal systems for biohazardous waste, needles and other items that may pose a contagion risk.
Reach out to a lawyer in Delaware today to determine if you qualify for healthcare employee benefits.
When to Contact a Healthcare Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Unfortunately, when healthcare professionals suffer an injury in Delaware, some find that their workers’ compensation claims are denied, delayed or rejected. Some healthcare workers who have dedicated their lives to helping others find themselves struggling to pay the bills or worried about paying for their own medical expenses. The insurance system designed to support them is not providing them with the benefits they expected.
If you are a health care worker, you should contact health care workers compensation lawyers in Delaware as soon as you sustain an on-the-job injury. An attorney can ensure the insurance company representing your employer doesn’t take advantage of you.
Hospital workplace injuries often require extra investigation and attention because there are so many laws in place to prevent these injuries from happening. You need to determine if poor safety policies, negligence on the part of your employer or other examples of recklessness caused your injuries.
Unfortunately, the powerful insurance companies and legal departments representing your workplace may not want to pay you the full benefits you deserve. You may even have a hard time getting answers about what caused your injuries. Healthcare worker and nurse workers comp lawyers may be able to support you as you seek answers and benefits.
Reach Out to an Attorney in Delaware if You Need Healthcare Workers’ Compensation
Whether you work in a hospital, clinic, doctor’s office, assisted-living facility or another healthcare setting, you deserve a safe workplace. If you need healthcare workers’ compensation in Delaware, contact us today to begin filing for benefits.