With so many automobiles on the roads, traffic crashes inevitably occur. Some of these wrecks may only result in a dented bumper and the hassle of car repairs. However, some of these collisions in the Newark area cause physical injuries that take significant time and rehabilitation to heal.
If you or a family member recently suffered serious injuries in a crash, a Newark car accident lawyer can help you pursue financial damages from the at-fault party. At Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz, and Bhaya, our experienced lawyers can help determine a strategy to successfully resolve your suit.
Common Causes of Auto Collisions in Newark
Most automobile wrecks in Newark occur because drivers take their eyes off the road or make other negligent driving errors. Some of the most common driver mistakes are as follows:
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Driving while overtired, which can lead to slower reaction times and poor judgment
- Tailgating and other forms of reckless driving
- Changing lanes without looking in the mirrors
- Failing to yield or stop at an intersection
Sometimes, collisions may be caused by factors other than driver error. These could include defective auto parts or roadway defects. In these scenarios, a car crash claim might name a vehicle manufacturer or government entity as a defendant.
Evidence in Car Crash Cases
Our team of skilled local attorneys can visit the scene and gather evidence from the car wreck. We are experienced in using various types of evidence in auto collision cases, such as:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Traffic camera footage
- Eyewitness testimony
Once retained, our lawyers would work to pinpoint the precise cause of the crash and determine who may bear legal responsibility for the resulting injuries.
Types of Car Wrecks in the Newark Area
Although any type of car crash could cause serious injuries, the following are most common:
- Rear-end crashes: depending on the speed of the vehicles involved, the injuries in rear-end crashes can vary from minor whiplash to catastrophic damage
- Front-end crashes: because head-on collisions often occur at high speeds, they frequently result in devastating injuries or even death.
- T-bone crashes: most cars do not offer sufficient side-impact protections, so T-bone or side-impact crashes often lead to broken bones, organ damage, and other severe injuries
- Parking lot accidents: devastating injuries can occur even when cars are traveling at low speeds in parking lots.
- Auto-bike collisions: when drivers are not on the lookout for smaller motorcycles or bicycles, they may miss seeing them in time to avoid a collision
- Pedestrian accidents: some of the most severe injuries happen when cars strike unprotected pedestrians
The attorneys at our firm have a successful track record with a wide variety of automobile crashes. We understand the challenges that car crash survivors face and can fight to get the compensation they need to address all of their physical, emotional, and financial losses.
Let a Dedicated Newark Car Accident Attorney Help You
If you believe that another driver acted negligently in causing your injuries, reach out to a seasoned Newark car accident lawyer. The experienced attorneys at Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz, and Bhaya can guide you through every step of the legal process to get the recovery you need and deserve. Call us today to get started.