At The Law Offices of Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz & Bhaya we are passionate about serving the people of Delaware. Being an attorney means you have the power to make a difference in someone’s life. Whether that means easing their financial situation, helping them to spend more time with their children, or clearing their name of wrongdoing. How awesome is that?
Many of us are passionate about the research, discussion, and debating that comes with being an attorney. This type of in-depth, critical thinking is something that inspired us to become attorneys in the first place. We love the thrill of being attorneys and the opportunity to give back to our community! If you think this may be the career for you, we want to hear from you.
Our firm has decided to offer the Aspiring Attorney Scholarship to give back to students who are interested in practicing law! We hope that this $1,000 award will help lessen the financial burden of a passionate future attorney. We are interested in hearing what inspired you to become an attorney. What area of law are you specifically interested in practicing and why? And, why you think you would make a good lawyer. If you have participated in law-related extracurricular activities during your previous education, please also share that information with us!
We understand the financial hurdles to becoming an attorney can be challenging and we hope to help ease that burden through this scholarship for one dedicated student.
- The scholarship was open to any current high school senior, college student or graduate student who will reside in one of the 50 states or in Washington DC and who is enrolled in a two to five year post-secondary institution for the Spring 2023 semester.
- Employees of The Law Offices of Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz & Bhaya, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), were not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have had a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and have been in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must have submitted a 750-1,000 word essay response to the prompt: What inspired you to become a lawyer? What type of law are you pursuing? What motivates you, and why?
- The candidate must have submitted a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must have submitted a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may have submitted an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must have also submitted proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the DP Law Aspiring Attorney Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must have emailed their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by October 31, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should have been sent with the subject line “[Applicant’s First and Last Name] – 2022 Aspiring Attorney Scholarship Application.”